Onkyo 787 FS(THX-EX,6.1,etc.)

epyx

I have a 10 month old onkyo 787 for sale(not a scratch on it), Just upgraded to 989 , need to dump off older one. Unit was purchased new(not refurb). Price is 450, I will ship fedex(determined by where u live).I am not going to list all the specs , can be found at onkyousa.com. Sweet unit, the wierd thing is even though I upgraded to onkyos top dawg (finally), Im having a hard time selling this one. I even thought about connecting it to my computer through digital and picking up more bookshelf klipsch, but then reality (and more so the Wife) stepped in and said "What are u nuts?", so it is now for sale. Email me for info:cmarengo@optonline.net ( we can exchange numbers at that point)

toshiba 57H82

onkyo 989

denon 2800MKII

Sony tivo2

klipsch rb5-2

klipsch rc7

klipsch rs7

klipsch rsw10

Bettercables all around(including speaker wire)

I had the DS 797 and decided to make a small upgrade to the Pioneer 49txi.

The unit was not even 5 months old, super mint and less than 50 hours on it. I finally unloaded the unit for a mere $500.

Even though I despided the unit I should have kept it for a second surround system. You may want to consider that bedroom, kids room, living room, or cellar. Just a thought

Scott

I got lucky: I sold my 797 for 700, whew. Onkyo is allright, but I should've step up to its cousin: integra. However, after trying DENON, I just fall in love with them, and will go for the upgrade 4802 or 5803 as soon as some money is save up. Hence, that would mean bye bye to the current 3802 3.gif . The home theater's irony...

I have the Denon 4802 and I also had have Yam's, kenwoods, sherwoods, hk, and the denon's are the best. They have some of the best clean and good sounding power out there. I have a Adire 250w stereo amp and the denon comes close to the quility. The Denon are extremly easy to use also. But like I said before this is my opinion. My uncle will only buy sony.

Onkyo's new line of remote controls is one of the most idiotic things I've ever encountered in home audio. The control for the 797 is bulky, unresponsive, and functionless: I hate it. I used to like the old style remote controls, where its small and the IR infrared is very responsive, unlike its new sibling. As for the current power, I felt as though the new ONKYO lines weren't that powerful. I used to own the onkyo receiver (stereo), where the current was very strong and clean. Just my two cents....

Denon's the way to go ....I'll look into other brands like Rotel, etc. when money is not a problem for me 13.gif