New to home theater - EQ question

Paulis

I just took the plunge into the HT world.

Here's what I have:

Front RF-311s

Center SC.1

Surrounds SC.5s

Sub KSW10

Receiver Sony STR-DB1070 ( Is this the ES?) $1000. retail - My cost $400.

The receiver EQ seems to have already been set by the factory and the sound is pretty good. Can anyone suggest any adjustments to enhance it? Here's my situation: 14' x 16' room. 32' Sony Wega with RF- 311's on each side tight in a corner of the room.

Thanks,

Paul 4.gif

Hi Paul - Glad to you see you made a Klipsch choice!! Since Sony has the worst web site I've seen (well, almost), I can't find your receiver to tell you if it is an ES model, but others here can tell you, I'm sure.

How recently did you make this purchase? Not to be a wet blanket, but if you can change out the SC-1 center channel for an RC-3, I think you'll be much happier with the sound across the front.

DD

I do like the RC-3 Center channel. I actually had the salesman demonstrate both centers for me using the same DVD. The RC-3 did sound a little better to me but my wife couldn't see spending the extra money. I do have the option of upgrading within a year and being given full credit on the SC.1.