Question on auto-speaker calibration.

jinjin

I just purchase a new Pioneer 45tx receiver. After using it's auto speaker-calibration feature, it seems to me that my center channel sounds much louder compared to my main speakers when playing music in pro-logic 2 mode. I can hear as if all the music comes from the center channel. Is this right? Should I really trust the receiver to do the calibration?

Jin,

If you have your speakers spread out and slightly pointing in you may be experiencing a lot of imaging.

When I moved my speakers apart and angled them in I troubleshoot for an hour trying to figure out how to turn off the center channel during stereo playback. The speakers produced almost like a phantom center channel. Threw me for a curve ball but I have grown to enjoy it.

If the speakers are as above try pointing them straight out and see it the effect is less.

Is this condition the same for movies?

Scott

Scott,

My main speakers (RF-5s) are pointing straight out and they are about 10 ft. apart. The same problem is true when playing movies. Currently, I override the main speaker setup to play a bit louder than what was setup by the receiver. I can hear much better improvement. I don't know if I am doing the right thing.

Jin