I'm SO Sad.

I just got my 4.1's yesterday, and after a life time of listening to my Klipsch LaScala(s) the promedias fall so short of the klipsch name, i have read over this forum before i posted this question,

Some songs sound great, others sound really bad, i know a lot about computers and it is not the quality of the mp3's, it seems that when a song has alot of bass the sub just gives up and starts to become very quiet. it takes about 5 minutes to come back out of this stage, and also it seems that my fronts are reciveing far less power than the rears, i actually switched the fronts with the rears because i couldn't hear anything from in front of me! i have read that the sound card has much to do with the sound, i am running these on a laptop with and AC97 soundcard, which i know is crap, but why do some songs sound great and others with heavy bass, the sub gives up. anybody else had these problems?

Thanks a bunch

ROb

Yeah the sub gives up quite easily. But it doesn't take 5 mins to get it back in action, i just have to stop and play the song again. The sats should not sound unbalanced, if they do then you have a problem in either your sound card or the system. BTW try the 2.1s, their bass unit doesn't give up easily though, it keeps on going, the sats are more than loud for desktop needs. No wonder the 4.1s went out of production (before June 2002).