confused!!!

banjoman

I'm new to the screen, but have been reading some of the comments on different subjects. I was thinking of buying a Sony STR-DA4ES receiver (because of a big discount from points on my Sony card) and the Klipsch speakers. 2- RF-3, 1- RC-3, 1- KSW-15 and 2- RS-3. Are these good quality speakers for hometheater and music listening? I've read some complaints about quality, Also is it a bad idear to buy online?(acousticsounddesign.com) They have a great price and claim the speakers are new in an umopened box.. Any help would be appreciated....

Welcome to the forum.

acousticsounddesign.com is not an authorized dealer which means you will forfeit the Klipsch warranty and Have to deal with acousticsounddesign.com for any issues.

The line up you have is one I had previous to my Reference 7 setup insteasd of the KSW I had the RSW 10.

All in all I like those speakers. Just understand there ia risk involved buying from an unauthorized dealer.

Scott

The R3s are nice. I had them before upgrading to the R7s. Have you had a chance to listen to them? I would suggest doing so. But then I am not really one to talk when it comes to giving advice on listening before buying.

Anyway, try an A/B listening test between the R3s and the R7s at a local audio dealer.

As far as quality... I have never Never NEVER had an issue with the quality on any of my Reference Klipsch speakers so far.