what a bunch of info, but need toa lascala date

thank for the hours of interesting post education. i bought a pair of lascalas at an army surplus sale in '92. PLEASE HELP me with the ages of my children.

LSBR

serial#s 54939 and 98609, why out of sequence?

K-77, one is stamped 52833

K-55v, one is stamped 54939

woofer is bottom access,have not opened yet but after reading posts i need to know if they are industrial?

type AA balancing network.

thanks, don

Check those serial numbers again...look REAL close...also...give the names of the "tested by" and "inspected by" folks on the labels...I would imagine yours were tested by N. W. Bradford. I also would imagine that the third digits in the speaker serial numbers you gave are NOT numbers, but are instead the letter "S"...so look real close!! If, indeed those third digits are the letter "S", then the year of manufacture was 1978. "LS-BR" is not the industrial version of the LaScala...it means: La Scala, Birch, Raw(no finish). With LaScalas, there was no need to pair them up with consecutive serial numbers when selling them...and since yours are military surplus, they were probably originally bought as singles anyway.

Industrial LaScalas are designated with either "LSI...": La Scala, Industrial; or "LSSI...": La Scala, Split-Industrial, followed by either a "BB" or another pair of letters designating the finish type.

Since yours are NOT industrial models, they SHOULD have K-33 woofers in the bass bins, unless they were changed-out after being shipped from the factory.

thanks for your help,

I have looked again with strong light and a magnifying glass and can add the following information from the aged papers.

both stickers are printed LaScala-E.

both signed tested by: N.W.Bradford ,in his scrawl, in black pen, probably ball point on fresh paper)

Both are signed inspected by: J.Barker ,in his nice controled hand, in what i suspect is a fine point felt tip pen, maybe a "Flair". both are faded, one more than the other.

both are type: LSBR lettered in J. Barker's handwinting.

now the sticky part.

both serial #s have been altered.

one serial # was originally lettered in J. Barker's hand: 7B407 and crudly changed to 98609 by some one with a ballpoint. the 7s that resemble the L in LSBR but upsidedown were changed into 9s, under the 8 resembles the B or possibly the R as in Barker and LSBR.

the 4 is open on the top, the 0 is a best guess.

the other oridginal # is to faded to even guess.

these speakers were bought at an official army surplus sale. experience with army hand receipts says that these may be one of the many #s they give every toothpick, writing over the original #s was probably logical to that sharp mind. i can't think of any other reason to alter.

on another track, 2,731,101 is the latest patent # in the list. i tried to download it but could'nt open it and will try again now.

these are all the clues i have come up with so far. what do you think?

thanks.don