does anyone here have a 680?

pinipig523

I am wondering the same thing. From what I have heard so far is that satelites are almost as good as the klipsch and that the subwoofer is louder but doesn't go as low or sound quite as good as the klipsch. For the price though and the included DTS/DD/PL II decoding and remote make this an extremely attractive set. I was thinking of picking this up and using it with my TV and DVD player and not buying a receiver. I know this won't sound the best, but it is a cheap solution until I can afford a really nice receiver and home theater quality speakers.

i know... sound not the best, sub is loud but exaggerated...

but when u factor in that it only costs under 300, it really sounds like a real good deal.

im sticking to my 4.1s though, the 680s may seem like a steal - but they havent been around for too long.. who knows what kind of problems are waiting to happen. i mean the logitech 560s have been know to have one of the worst subwoofers of any multimedia speaker combo... they blow when driven for too long... and when they first came out everyone was hailing it as the klipsch killer - too bad people had to find out the hard way about its poor construction.

atleast with the klipsch, even if the 5.1s arent as reliable as they should be, the company stands behind the product with good customer support (although im sure there are many who might disagree, but i mean come on - atleast they answer their phones and actually hold FORUMS like this)... and they just announced an extended warranty (with respect to the 5.1s)!