In wall speaker model advice needed

dsommerl

Hi all

It's been awhile since I've posted. How is is the Horn man doing?

Okay, I'm tweaking my Klipsch 7.1 array. Now I've got 5--Heresy II's as mains, center and surrounds---SVS dual subs and a pair of Academy's for the rear effects spkrs.

In a bow to cosmetics and room decor and due to the fact that the rear surrounds are the least critical (and there's so little software for them anyway)---I am thinking about going to either the Reference or Synergy In Walls for my two rear surrounds (this would lead to my Academy's going on the market--by the way.

Given the choice, should I go with the Synergy or Reference (does it really make a difference?) to best match mhy Heresys ? AND in what size (biggest available?)

Dave,

I'm not familiar with the range of sounds (i.e. high/low frequencies) the rear effects speakers would be expected to produce. Maybe, as I think you imply, timbre match isn't as critical. Can you enlighten me? Boy, with the money you make from selling the Academies, I'd imagine you'd be able to purchase any of the inwalls available.

fini

Thanks fini

Maybe I should re phrase my Q---only your reply !

My understanding of the rear effects speaks in a 7.1 are that they're the least critical in terms of timbre etc matching. They basically just provide some rearward sensations and of course, there's not much software out there yet which employs them (most DVD's are 5.1)

But, still, I'd like to just do this once--get the right rear surrounds and be prepared for the future.

So, again, am wondering if I should go with the Synergy or the Reference in walls---to best match my Heresy II mains/ctr and side surrounds (5 in all)?

Anyone else?

I'd go for Reference in-walls over Synergy in-walls. The rest of your system is great stuff, and while the Synergy are also good, they aren't in the same class as your other speakers. The Reference, IMO, will give you the quality of sound in the same neighborhood, at least, of your other speakers.

DD