Parasound HALO and Klipsch

Rudy81

I have spent the larger part of this past weekend setting up my new HT. It all came together at once, so my learning curve has been very steep. The video has been tremendous from the Sharp Z9000U. But even more astonishing, was the sound.

Thanks to Brent Huskins of Media Design for steering me to Parasound Halo. He has done an outstanding job of helping me find a nice match to my Klipsch. Granted, this was a huge step from my Marantz SR7000 and H/K AVR 8000. I though my Belles sounded good with the AVR, but the Belles paired with the HALO C2 and the A52 amp are absolutely incredible.

I don't have the "audiophile" vocabulary to adequately explain the difference, but it is like a whole new sound. The bass is tight and powerful, the mids are not at all harsh, this sound is very smooth! Each note is crisp and clear. The Parasound HALO amps are fantastic. The C2 is the finest piece of audio equipment I have ever owned...other than my Belle's of course.

While watching a movie last night, my wife surprised me by very seriously commenting on how good the movie soundtracks and dialog sounded.

I have yet to get a chance to play with the various modes on the C2 other than basic Stereo and DTS modes. The C2 comes triple boxed and is tucked in a blue silk bag. The remote is the HALO version of the Home Theater MX-700. This is one superb remote. The remote and the C2 are configurable with your computer and the system works very well.

I don't know what the professional reviews are going to say, but I bet they are going to love this HALO gear.

If you are in the market for A/V gear, give the HALO a look.

Brent, thanks for all your help.

I would be interested in a nice pre/pro multichannel amp stack that replaces the need for a separate 2-channel tube stack for music. I know many run low power tubes with their Heritage speakers for music but it's a pain to have a tube pre, tube amp and then a SS AVR.

Now the Halo sounds great but I wonder how much better they sound than the much more affordable Outlaw 950/7100 stack...I'm assuming there isn't much of a benefit between the 7100 amp and the 770 amp w/Klipsch.

I'm also wondering if you found the Halo to provide a sweeter high end? With my OUtlaw 1050 over 80db I find the high frequencies too harsh. Now maybe my source is part of it. When I used Dave's Card Deluxe instead of my DVD player the I found the sound more pleasant. I don't think my M-Audio Revo does the trick. It sounds more like my DVD player.

I ended up with the HALO because after much research I found that many recommended the Parasound amps with Klipsch precisely for the softening of the mids. I also looked at Outlaw, which is much less expensive. I almost went that route until I ran into Brent.

I really wanted Parasound based on those recommendations. Many complain of a harsh sound with some amps. I don't know, since I have not owned any of those other amps, and the only way to really know is to do an A/B comparisson.

I will say that the HALO amps have a very smooth and accurate sound to them.

kev313,

I considered the Rotel line, but went with HALO after getting Brent's assistance. I had no way of doing a side by side comparison. I don't know of any dealers that have Rotel hooked up to Klipsch Belles and nobody will loan the stuff for a few days. Totally understandable. I ran searches in the various AV forums and some reviews moved me more to the Parasound line.

Brent:

You talked me into the HALO after I looked at Parasound with you. Thank you! I will put the C2 through it's paces as soon as I can. I will say that the HALO amps and the Belles sound out of this world.

Thanks again for all your help.