good wall mounts for SB-2 speakers?

soylent

i did a search of the forum and the only website mentioned for mounts was Omnimounts. i'm looking for something in a little lower price range, these are only 12 lbs speakers. i'd aslo like to know the best type of wall mount to get. thanks. :)

----------------

On 4/1/2003 4:16:57 AM soylent wrote:

i did a search of the forum and the only website mentioned for mounts was Omnimounts. i'm looking for something in a little lower price range, these are only 12 lbs speakers. i'd aslo like to know the best type of wall mount to get. thanks.
:)

----------------

I too was searching for some inexpensive mounts for my RS3IIB's - not the 80-200 dollar range mounts. I found awesome mounts in local Home Depot for 24.95 for a pair ! They are rated for upto 45 lbs, I think. The installation was easy and it took me about 30 minutes for both mounts. There was a trick to installing the rotary knob (to adjust the vertical firing angle). Let me know if you need more info on that.

I also added two 5 foot white channels (conduits) to hide the speaker wire leading to the speakers. Very inexpensive - $4.95 for a 5 foot channel. They also sell "L" and "T" connectors for these conduits. The result is a very clean, professional looking installation.

Peace.