Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX - HELP

Vavoline

I have an opportunity to pick one of these up locally for $ 150.00. I have no experience in the HT world, just 2 channel. My questions are:

1. Is this a good deal?

2. The guy is moving, and all his stuff is packed, so it will be hard to demo. I have 4 Cornwalls, so toting my speakers over to his house is NOT an option. I can borrow a pair of Heresys, but will 2 speakers be enough to demo this thing, or at least make sure it works?

3. Does anyone have specs on this receiver. WPC, List price new, ect. All I know is it's supposed to be 5.1???

4. As I said, I have 4 Cornwalls and would add a Heresy for center. How do you think this receiver would work with said speakers?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

OK, I found it on Pioneer's web page...MSRP $1200, available online for ~$750, 100 WPC, so Questions # 1and 3 answered. Now, I don't know jack about HT Receivers, other than the fact I want one, so how about some help on the rest of this?

I have an opportunity to pick one of these up locally for $ 150.00. I have no experience in the HT world, just 2 channel. My questions are:

1. Is this a good deal?

2. The guy is moving, and all his stuff is packed, so it will be hard to demo. I have 4 Cornwalls, so toting my speakers over to his house is NOT an option. I can borrow a pair of Heresys, but will 2 speakers be enough to demo this thing, or at least make sure it works?

3. Does anyone have specs on this receiver. WPC, List price new, ect. All I know is it's supposed to be 5.1???

4. As I said, I have 4 cornwalls and would add a Heresy for center. How do you think this receiver would work with said speakers?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Want GREAT audio for your home theater? The VSX-43TX features THX Select certification, 100 watts of power into each of 7 channels, and exceptional surround decoding, including DTS® Discrete 6.1 and NEO:6 Music and Movie, plus Dolby® Digital EX. Manual MCCAC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration Circuit) coaches you through fine-tuning your system to your listening room's environment-until the receiver and your speakers are perfectly aligned. High-end D-A/A-D conversion and a Hi-Bit Audio Scaler-which converts digital sources to 96kHz/24-bit resolution-deliver pure, full audio reproduction. The ruggedly built VSX-43TX includes a Smart remote and the Elite two-year warranty. M.S.R.P. $1,200.

Here is the

VSX-43TX

Thanks guys. I am meeting the guy tomorrow and unless the thing has been in a fire or something, I'm gonna buy it. He swears it's in "as new" condition. Went to my local tweeter today, and demoed one. Sounded pretty good to me! Mike the sales guy was very knowledgeable and helpful. I went ahead and bought a RC-7, as I have nothing to use for a center channel. For $549.00 new in the box, full factory warranty, and 30 day satisfaction guarantee, not too shabby! I figure if the timbre match is too far off, I'll get some Heresys from ebay.

I know someone on this board is using Cornwall mains and a RC-7 center, but can't remember who it is. If anyone has heard a set up like this, please let me know what you thought of it.

PS.....They had one set of RF-7s left for $1499.00