Who's heard Cornwall Mains W/ RC-7 Center

Vavoline

Greetings from Flower Mound, TX and a DFW Klipsch Forum member.

I started with 2 Cornwalls and 1 KLF-C7 center. After a few months I sold the C7 and put a Heresy in it's place on it's side (I also tried it inverted).

My perceptions are as follows:

1. The Academy is the closest timbre match to the Heritage but it runs around $450 (more than it was new), and it can't keep up with the Heritage for loud music as well as a Heresy. I does voices better

2. The KLF C7 is the next closest match. Not as deep as the Academy and notably voiced different than Cornwalls. Not a strong performer for high volume music compared to Heresy.

3. RC7 - notably different voice than KLF and especially the heritage. Perhaps a better performer but not a good timbre match for heritage.

Heresy:

4. More notable imaging from above the TV than the KLF-C7.

5. Blends well with the Cornwall mains but on top of the TV it is higher than the Cornwalls and separates itself from the mains producing a directional sound too high.

6. It sounds much better on the floor but since it's not shielded it can't be placed in front of a RPTV w/o distorting the image. Shielded centers perform well on stand in front of RPTV's but the mains need to be pulled forward to be in the same plain.

• 2 weeks later...

i had the corn rc 7 main set up, and you wont hear any complaints here, they do work well together, the 7 can keep up with just about anything, and any level, but i did notice a bit of timbre mismatch, so as you can see i went with a single lascalla as centre, nirvana. but that is not an slight against the 7, it simply has a slightly different character12.gif

I have cornwalls and the rc3II and they sound very good.The only thing I have noticed is the rc3 sounds just a little brighter to me than the cornwalls.I think this is a plus for HT because it helps center the vocals on the TV better.For music I only listen to the cornwalls.I tried a 5.1 cd and found the rc3 did not match as smoothly to the cornwalls.The small brightness was more forward with the music.I still think that you have a good match,because I only listen to music in 2 channel.1.gif