is the headphone jack good enough to drive decent headphones?

darkpark

around 250mW's come out of the headphone jack, MORE than enough for those headphones considering it powers my HD600's pretty darn well!

I have a tube amp coming to my house in just 4 days for my headphones... Muhahahaha, read it and weep TPG 1.gif (gosh, what a dork, bragging about a tube amplifier haha)

Yes... yes, I read it. But I am happy for you. 2.gif I just wish I could have the same chance... 8.gif

Like Justin said, the headphone jack powers 300-ohm Senn HD600's (his) and HD580's (mine) quite well, so it should be fine.

If I can find a jack small enough for my enclosure, I will have a META42 clone headphone amp up and running. 9.gif Yes... I know... it is not the same. And it doesn't sound NEARLY as good as the headphone amp circuit that I designed. It actually has a hiss in it- my design doesn't. My enclosure is 2"Wx3.25"Lx1.25"H. With four large caps in there, space is VERy limited. OMG... I should have biased it into class A BEFORE I installed the RCA jacks... well, now I feel stupid. Oh well, it will do until I can afford mine.

OOPS! I gotta get that article to you. I need to redraw the schem first- I changed the Class A biasing method. Soon...