Recommend a Center for SF-2s?

belial

The Klipsch site recommends I use the SC-1, but I bought one and I don't like the sound. I'm wondering about bumping up to a better center. Any one with any experience with this out there? If I get a different Klipsch center, will it fail to blend with the SF-2s?

If you have an opinion, please tell me, because I only have a few days to return the SC-1 I have and am not sure if I should ask for a replacement or a different model all together ....

I like my SC-1 center. Can you make any adjustments to your receiver? I can turn my center db up and it will take over if I let it. Maybe you have a bad one?

Steve

------------------

Bringing Wood Back to life!

SF-2 mains

SC-1 center

SS-1 rears

KSW-12

Sony DE845

Sony S560D

Sony CE345

JVC HR-A61U VCR

Echostar 4922 sat rec.

Promedia 4.1's

Starband satcom

Digital PC link to reciever/MP3's

Fridge full of Beer

I know that the rc3 is an excellent center, miles above the sc1. It matches very well with sf-1's, but i'm not sure about sf-2's. They have a somewhat different sound from the sf1's. Although, the tweeter is the same, so you shouldn't have any problem with it.

SteveDeBeave--I don't think I can adjust dB for my center, just the mains. I've got a Yamaha htr-5240 reciever. I can change the impedance though--would that make a difference? I tried the sc-1 in the store and it sounded great--but the one I bought online sounds bad. Take the sound of a sheet being rustled--it sounds kind of scratchy. Maybe I do have a bad one?

Foost--I might take your advice and try trading in my SC-1 towards the cost of an rc-3 ... I just hope it doesn't overwhelm the sf-2 towers.

Belial,

I would try any adjustments that you may have for that center, it won't hurt. My SC-1 is very bright and clear, but it's not scratchy.

Send that dude back and get the rc-3. If you could buy it localy then you could take that back if it's too much sound and skip being stuck with shipping charges. Let me know how it sounds if you go that route.

Steve

I love SOUND!c>f>s>

------------------

Bringing Wood Back to life!

SF-2 mains

SC-1 center

SS-1 rears

KSW-12

Sony DE845

Sony S560D

Sony CE345

JVC HR-A61U VCR

Echostar 4922 sat rec.

Promedia 4.1's

Starband satcom

Digital PC link to reciever/MP3's

Fridge full of Beer

u might want to make sure it's not the receiver/source material. my rc-3 could get "scratchy" on certain source material along w/ my noisy sony dsp.

------------------

Klipsch KLF-30 (front), KLF-C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster S-12 cable

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

2nd room:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage '75)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd player

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!