RC7's for front 3 in my HT setup

Dalton

In the 8" v 10" question. it all depends on other design perimiters besides frequincy. Under hung or over hung voise coils' Voice coil dia. Flux density across gap. Mass of cone. Shorting rings. Copper or aluminum voice coils. Paper pulp type etc etc etc.

I was cosidering this from day one I am in the process of upgrading my ht right however I dont have the room for the rf-7's they are just too large, I was going to consider the rb-75's but they dont handle the same amount of power as the rc-7's and have only a single 8 inch woofer now that I've heard someone's done the same set up that I have been thinking of since the reference line came out I am definentely going to go that way, they take up less space than the rf-7's they look cleaner (the bookshelf look) and they are exactly the same,the rb-75's dont even have the same size magnent as the rc-7. I would love to hear some more feedback about this set up from you, the system looks great. not only that you can buy one at a time you dont have to drop down loads of cash for the pair, a home theater is not built over night.

Steve,

The sound in HT is excellent. Having the same 3 EXACT speakers across the front i experience extremely smooth panning. With good bass management, they are very musical also. Although i have run them full range in DVD-A and SACD and they perform very well. Two channel SACD is an issue because you can't use the sub for low end(not that i know of anyway). This setup simply excels at HT and multi channel music. Two channel cd playback is also very good with a decent sub(my SVS 20-39 PC+ fits the bill nicely). I really have no regrets. I could have purchased the RF7's but as good as they match the RC7, they aren't an exact match(which is important in HT). Being 90% movies i decided the triple RC7's was the way to go. I would like to have them all around eventually.

Dalton

I appreciate the feedback I am going to order one at a time $ being the issue right now I will order my first one tommorow I can get them for $560 each that's including shipping, 2 channel sacd no problem I wouldn't even buy sacd's if they dont play in five channel, you also mentioned that you have an svs sub I was considering the beast I forget the model # but it pumps down to something like 15 hrtz man that really does hurt, how do you like your sub?

----------------

On 4/26/2003 2:53:40 AM stevevannoy768 wrote:

how do you like your sub?

----------------

Of all the gear in my HT(which i love all of it) the SVS sub always steals the show. I can say without reservation that my 20-39PC+ is the best investment i have ever made in HT. The thing is just awesome. It goes deep. Really deep. I experience bass i never knew existed. The Haunting DTS-ES and LOTR:FOTR extended edition DTS-ES have some downright scary low bass. I would recommend an SVS to anyone. They are best value in subs(short of DIY)today.

Dalton