Settings for Power DVD

Big Sheesh

I have the 4.1's. I have Windows XP configured for Quadrophonic speaker mode. In Audio settings of Power DVD, I have set to 4 speaker mode. When that happens, I get no sound coming from rear speakers.

When I set Power DVD to 2 speaker mode. I get sound from all 4's. What's the perfect setup?

Also, how do I setup the advanced audio settings in Power DVD?

you've got two places where you configure the speaker setup for the audigy. one in the audio settings for Windows XP and the seperate program that comes with the Audigy. I don't remember the exact name of it. make sure that they both match.

also, what version of powerdvd are you using and what options do you have available (not greyed out) to you in the audio setup of powerdvd?

by the way, spdif is for digital output. it's fancy acronym for Sony Phillips Digital InterFace.

OK, I have windows audio setting at quadraphonic and the other software that came with audigy is called Creative if I recall. I don't have that installed.

And I don't use it.

I have Power DVD Deluxe 4.0 I think. I click on 4 speakers and I only get 2 fronts with sound. Tell me what I should do?

thats right big sheesh...

it doesnt matter if the power dvd audio setup menu says 2 speakers because as long as you have the audigy set to 4 speakers, the decoding is done through your audigy and not through the program powerdvd.

have spdif turned on, and make sure to have 4 speakers enabled in the audigy set up.

play a movie and im sure u'll be real pleased. it will be in dolby digital with your 2 fronts mimicking a center channel (phantom center).

I personally wouldn't trust the windows's speaker configuration. Sheesh, why don't you rerun the setup (see below) for the audigy and at least install the surround mixer. i believe in the surround mixer you can configure your speakers.

setup: pop in your audigy cd and go to \Audio\English\Setup and run the setup program there. i think you'll get the option to select what you wish to install. i'm not completely sure since it's been a while since i've had the audigy.

anyway, after you install the surround mixer and configure your speakers try powerdvd one more time.

ps: also install the AudioHQ program too. there are some options in it that have a bearing on dvd playback.

OK I have XP set to quadraphonic, and Power DVD set to SPDIF, I get no sound from rears.

When I set Power DVD to 2 speakers, I have sound from all 4. But I also have options to choose:

A3D/DirectSound3D

Dolby Surround Compatible

Stereo

TruSurroundXT

Dolby Headphone

Which one do I choose? There's also an advanced button where I can change the settings for the above mentioned 2 speaker mode selections.

install audigy surround mixer -- i think this is where the problem lies. do not trust the windows speaker configuration! install audigy surround mixer, speaker settings and whatever else the audigy comes with and calibrate ur 4.1 via the setup program.

then after ur sure u got audigy to know u have a 4.1 setup, go to powerdvd and set it to only spdif out.

it should work, if it doesnt, i dont know what else to tell u.