What Speakers for a Denon 3801 ?

paulc

More experienced Audiophile friends,

I need some help. I am thinking of getting a Denon 3801 and am wondering what Speakers I should get for it ? My primary use is for a Home Theater and I am thinking about getting the extra Surround rears for extra Channel on the Denon. So I would be getting two fronts, a center, and 4 surround speakers.

Also I'm a little fuzzy on where you mount the Surrounds. Do you mount one to you left and to your right and then the other two behind you ?

Thanks to everyone that answers to help me out.

Paul C.

Without knowing the answers to the questions posted earlier its hard to give a recommendation. However, I will tell you my setup:

TV - Hitachi 60 HDTV ready

Receiver - DENON 3801

Fronts - RF-3 setting on each side of tv 10' in front of listening position (front of speaker even with front of screen)

Center - RC-3 setting on top of tv

Surrounds - RS-3 connected to surround A on receiver, mounted directly inline with listening position, 7' up on wall.

Backs - Infinity 2000.3 connected to surround BACK on receiver, mounted 8' directly behind listening postion, 7' up on wall.

Definitive Tech Sub-Woofer.

My room is 18 x 24 with high ceiling and the experience is AWESOME. I couldn't be happier.

You can save some money by going with the SYNENERGY line vs the REFERENCE line, but everything I've read says to stay with the same line so the speakers are tonally balanced.

Good luck....