earthquake subs

DecibleLvr

Is anyone here familiar with Earthquake? I am looking into both the MKIV12 and the MKIV10. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.By the way. I have an opportunity to pick up the 10 for about one third of the price of the 12 and was curious if the value pencils out.

One of my friends has an Earthquake sub, the MKIV12. It POUNDS. He got it for a really good deal, though I'm not sure of the specific price. He has it in a corner of his room in the basement and it literally shakes the house. Very rich and deep base. Impressive for just a 12. I'm sure if money is an issue that the 10" will be impressive as well. They remind me alot of the sunfire subs.

Personally I like the RSW-15 sub. That is what I have in my HT. It really moves air. It is the best sounding sub that I've heard yet.

I have the Earthquake SuperNova 15", and it is awesome. I haven't heard either of the smaller subs. It has really low extension, is loud, and has a very tight bass sound, not boomy at all.

They took the sunfire concept and adapted it to a much larger sub, and it works!

I was amazed at the price difference between the 10, 12 and 15 inchers. If you do buy one, let us know what you think.

At the CES show this past January I stood on top of the SuperNova 15 will they dumped some test tone at 25HZ in it... WOW!

The had the 15" in the matte black what I call "stage" finish for $1K and a 4 pack of the 10's for $1K. I should have scooped one up but waited for the smaller SVS.

Regards,

Mike