My Basement Home Theater Plans!

BMW Driver

I'm getting ready to put my home theater plans into action. I would love any constructive (pun intended) comments members of this forum may have. You'll notice in the attached drawing that there are no parallel walls to minimize standing waves. There will be a 6" high platform so that the second row will get an un-obstructed view. Oh yeah, and my drawing doesn't have the RC3 mentioned which will sit on top of the Mitsu 65".

I do plan to wire for 7.1 but don't have the speakers yet. Will probably get RF3's to replace my fronts and move the RB3's to the back.

Enjoy!

Shaun

post-12039-13819247113382_thumb.jpg

I will be framing the walls to create that shape. It will require a little bit of math to get the angles right.

I have a support beam to contend with on the right hand side and the exterior wall on the left. This shape will best give me square footage I desire for the room, and it should have acoustical benefits as well.

I have been watching threads that you have posted about your theater. It looks like a very nice setup as well. I will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Shaun

----------------

On 4/28/2003 6:37:45 PM BMW Driver wrote:

I will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Shaun

----------------

Heh.... Yeah me too. 4 months and a broken wrist later.. Yeah, I am more than ready for it to be finished.

Bill... Here ya go. Sending the guy my money order for 9 of them tomorrow(Tuesday)

Seats

He said they are all in great condition with the exception of being dirty. Thats fine, my wife and I plan on scrubbing then hard. And eventually replacing the fabric on them.

Shaun,

Your design looks good.The nonparallel walls is an interesting approach.How do you plan to cover them? Have you considered using soundboard under your finish layer?Is your sub currently as much in a corner as your drawing suggests?

SSH

SSH -

Sorry I haven't responded yet. My internet has been down.

My sub is currently snug in a corner. I have read that this is a good thing. What are your thoughts on it?

As far as wall coverings I'm thinking about finding a lightweight fabric application that I have seen used in other theaters. Something in a very neutral grey as to not interfere you your perception of color on the display.

Shaun