Receiver for KLF-30's & KSP-S6

boilers_99

Quite a few folks talk up Rotel, Marantz, Denon if you go seperates Parasound seems to be a hot topic. For the internet Outlaw audio. I've got a Yamaha and 4 KLF 30's they sound good to me but thats my preference some say that Yamaha sounds bright with Klipsch I can't argue that since I have zero hours listening to the others mentioned.

Sure other folks will chime in.

Of course I'm biased, but for the money I don't think you can beat the Denon amp. You can get a 3803 for around 900 bucks now. I have the 3802 with my KLF's and it powers them quite well. Some day I plan to add some real power and run a Rotel component with my Denon. I would like to get the RMB-1095: http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/rmb1095.htm

For now my 3802 is power enough. It gets my ears ringing ...

Thanks for the posts. I have to look into Denon also. I really what to stay away from Yamaha though. With the dual horn's I feel the Yamaha (and possibly Denon) would be too brite for my tast. I'm looking for a rich sound without sounding muddy. I don't have a sub yet and I need something with a high current that will drive the klf-30's

I was really hoping someone out there with one of these receivers would comment also. Anyone?

I recommend Marantz. I bought a Denon 4800 and kept it for several months and didn't care for it for a number of reasons. I returned it and bought a Marantz 8000 and it was clearly better both soundwise and in ease of use.

I agree with you on the Yamaha. The new Yamaha's have so much junk and sound modes on them that you feel they are going for the pizazz and baubles rather than concentrating on pure audio quality.

-David

marantz has come a long way since their 'dark days', and their product today is very good. hornEd uses a yammy rxv3000, and that is a very nice receiver. keep the distortion low, and remember that these are very efficient speakers, so quality of power is more important than quantity.REALLY NICE SPEAKERS BTW.

avman.

How much money do you want to spend? I think if I had to do it over agian I would buy seprates. Like outlaw etc. But for recievers I have heard a lot of those receivers and I would stay a way from pioneer. The others are all good units and it you don't want denon then I would go to rotel. I bought my 4802 and never looked back. I choice this because it had the power supply of the 5803 and gives it just a little more headroom. But like I said if I had the choice between the recievers your looking at I would say rotel. Good Luck and let us know what you do, and give us a review.