WOOOHOOOOO!!

I seriously don't believe it. My Z-540's fried. This must be some kind of message from God: "MD1032....go.....buy a PM system". I told my dad what happened and it's obvious. The rear speakers have fried. I plugged my NetMD into the rear jack just to make sure, and they are fried. No matter what signal I give them, nothing some out except a faint hiss. I the stereo signal leading to the rear speakers inside the wub cabinet is fried. At any rate, I have a 2-year warranty and I'm taking these babies back to get my 50 bucks back. Obviously I'm not getting another set of these (UGH I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION), so I'll be stepping up to (hopefully) a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or 4.1. I don't know if my parents will be willing to chip in for the 4.1 (expensive) so the PM2.1 will do just fine (it's a step up at any rate). I just want to check out the PM2.1 before I jump on it. Give me info on the subwoofer, I don't want it to be weak and boomy like my Logitech sub with its wimpy 20 watts and 4" pressure driver. I also want cheap prices on it, preferably 100 bucks or less.

edit: HOLY F**KING CRAP! The Klipsch specs blow the Z-540's specs to pieces (ohhh yeah....an 8" 130 watt sub...<drool>)!! THAT PLUS PERFECT QUALITY?? Man, this thing is STOKED!!! Well, I'm excited, but I need prices. I need to get a system for 100 bucks. I know refurbs go for this price (refrubs are just as good as new, it doesn't matter to me), so can you get me a link? THIS IS THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN DREAMING OF!!!!

Now all I need is parental support. I need to find the refurbs on the Klipsch site first of all, because there's no way they're going 180 when 100 bucks for perfectly fine refurbs are an option.

Well, I'm getting too excited. I just had to take some benadryl because I was sweating due to getting excited over a possible speaker upgrade.

There we go. What a deal!! I'll have fun all right, now I need to put my plan into action.

To do list:

--figure out some way to get PM's (completed; Z-540's blew out)

--Return speakers for cash (50 bucks)

--Beg parents for extra 49.99 or end up paying for it myself

--Buy refurb PM2.1's

--Rock the house with REAL sound

--Get a life (D'oh!)

edit: crap. Warranty is only good for 90 days. Has anyone ever had problems with refurbs?

OK, that's good. Well, I talked to my dad and he said we should call Logitech to get our money back. Then I'll have 90 bucks. "but MD, where did that come from?"

50 bucks from speakers

20 bucks from grandma for easter

20 bucks from mowing the lawn today

The last 10 bucks can come out of my dad's pocket. All right, I'm set. I just need ACTION now!!!

I think I might take the plunge and go for the 4.1's. I'm just dying for that subwoofer, but then again, it all depends on funds. In fact, I'm going to call Logitech now and get my money back. That and the other money I have is already 120 bucks!! If my parents chip in the extra 50, I'll be set!

Do me a favor: find me the best deals you can on the 2.1's and 4.1's (NEW). I already have the link to the refurbs, but I'd like that 2-year warranty if it's possible.