Denon 4802 Receiver

Denon DVD-1600

Sony Ex333ES 300 disc CD

Sony SLV-W51 VCR

Klipsch Forte II mains

Klipsch KV2 Center

Klipsch KG-5 side surrounds

Bose 2001 rear surrounds

I would appreciate any comments/opinions on the components.

Now for the questions:

1. I currently have 7 speakers hooked up, 2 on the side and 2 in the rear. Given that almost everything is in 5.1 is it worth having the extra pair? The 4802 seems to deal with them nicely but the 7 speakers leads to another problem. I also have speakers in another room. The Denon has multi-room capability but I either need to remove a set of surrounds or use another amp to power the speakers in the other room. I do have my old Denon AVR-3000 which I could use but have no idea how to wire. The 4802 manual does not show where to plug the 3000 into the 4802. Any ideas on how to do this? Is it worth it or should I remove one of the surrounds.

2. I bought Terminator-2 Ultimate edition. I watched in in DTS and it was incredible. However when I pushed the THX home theater button it sounded terrible. It cut out almost all the surround sound. Probably hard to diagnose remotely but any ideas on what the problem could be? I went through the THX setup getting all the speakers correct so that is not it.

3. I currently have all the video inputs going directly to the TV (HDTV cable box component 1, DVD component 2, VCR video 1, Denon receiver video 2 for on screen display). Is this the way to go or should I hook the video to the 4802 and then use the monitor out to go into component 1 of the TV. This will reduce all the switching on the TV but will I lose video quality by going through the Denon instead of direct wiring to TV?

4. This is a Denon specific question so hopefully someone will be able to answer. The component video out does not support on screen display. The S-video out does support on screen. Currently to use the Denon on screen display I need to swith the TV to video 2. Is there a way of integrating the on screen display in the the component ?

Thanks in advance

I have the same reciever and to my knowledge you can get the on screen through the compents. I have enough hook up on my tv so I just have it pluged in and put it on video 3 when I need to see it. As for a multi room You use the multi out jacks into another amp or reciever. See page 11 in the manual. I hope this helps. I like my reciever but it is starting to get a little out dated. Todays age things are changing fast, if you don't stop and look around you my miss something. Farrels berlar. Spelling bad