RSW-10

jwp

----------------

On 5/21/2003 8:48:37 AM TheEAR wrote:

The quad or octo Tumult is a DIY,not a sub anyone can walk to a audio dealer and say "I TAKE IT".

----------------

I know that...but it'd still be WAY LESS than $10,000, probably around 1/2 the price...

3.gif

Okay, I just asked the price of the Revel here in Dubai, and it is selling for $2,697.

I think this is too much for me, I mean it costs as much as my Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers!

I'll probably have to stick with the SVS PB2-Plus.

By the way, are there any good REL subwoofers that are around $1,200?

----------------

On 5/21/2003 10:04:55 AM KAiN64 wrote:

"...he asked me what speakers I had, I said Klipsch. Then he said that the subwoofer might be "too much" for my speakers! I was like "WHAT?!"
7.gif

----------------

"Too MUCH" subwoofer for a Klipsch? Rather too much IDIOT for a salesman...I'm not even sure what the reasoning on that mis-statement would be.

He's got it completely backwards, or maybe bass-ackwards! I need major subbage to keep up with K-Horns.

1.gif

YES I did say the B15 has more impact,the dual Ultra setup will have a serious advantage down very low.However on most material the B15 can pound a storm.

And...

"By the way, are there any good REL subwoofers that are around $1,200?"

To match the SPL capability of RF7's...NO You need at least the Stentor or Studio to have BIG output.And these are $5000-9000!Not for the budget strangled

"By the way, when I asked him what the price of the subwoofer was, he asked me what speakers I had, I said Klipsch. Then he said that the subwoofer might be "too much" for my speakers!"

I think this person thinks the RF7's do not need a sub,true for most music,but for a serious HT even the mighty Wilson Grand SLAMM X1's do gain from sub use(only real deal subs need apply here).And the X1's are solid down to 25Hz!As solid as it gets,in fact the X1's best most "subs" on deep bass.

For HT a good subwoofer is a MUST,dont let anyone tell you its not true.All who oppose subwoofers are INFIDELS.TheEAR will start a sub petition any half competent HT needs a real sub.No bass modules