How do incorporate my Home Theatre and SACD?

dachuckster

I am in the final planning stages for my new home theatre. I plan on using the Denon 3803 with the Reference 7 speaker set up (RF7s, RC7 and RS7s). I plan on a future addition of a pair of the IC5 ceiling speakers for the rear surrounds. What would be the ideal way of hooking up a SACD with the above speakers and placement of them?

The RS7s will be to the sides of the listening position, up near the cieling, and the IC5s will go half way between the couch and the back wall.

Will I have to switch the speaker connections on the back of the receiver each time I want to listen to a SACD and a Dolby Digital EX DVD?

Hiya and welcome aboard!1.gif

In order to use the output from multi-channel SACDs I had to connect the DVD/SACD player to the 6 EXT-IN analog connections on my Denon 3802, in addition to the digital connection that I had already set up for DVD playback. You may need to do the same. The SACD player shouldn't require any changes to the connections between your speakers and your receiver.

----------------

On 5/18/2003 2:56:04 AM dachuckster wrote:

I am in the final planning stages for my new home theatre. I plan on using the Denon 3803 with the Reference 7 speaker set up (RF7s, RC7 and RS7s). I plan on a future addition of a pair of the IC5 ceiling speakers for the rear surrounds. What would be the ideal way of hooking up a SACD with the above speakers and placement of them?

The RS7s will be to the sides of the listening position, up near the cieling, and the IC5s will go half way between the couch and the back wall.

Will I have to switch the speaker connections on the back of the receiver each time I want to listen to a SACD and a Dolby Digital EX DVD?

----------------

The IC 6T's have a bypass for 8ohm, but they don't sound as good that way. They are designed for 70volt usage. Go with the 8ohm reference architechtural in ceiling/wall IMO. Plus they have the cool copper woffers as well...leave the grills off and impress the neighbors. Good Luck!

dachuckster, if you indeed have Denon AVR3803 then your question has a simple answer: AVR3803 has A and B surround speaker posts. There is no need to switch the cabels when you switch the mode from SACD to DD/DTS. Just go to the setup and assign the desired speakers to the desired mode of operation. I also have two pairs of surround speakers: RB5-IIs and a pair of Quintets. I set up the system to use RB5-IIs (currently connected to A posts) when I play hi rez material, but when I play DVDs all four surround speakers plus rear center are playing. AVR3803 allows you to toggle the modes between A surrounds only, B surrounds only and A+B. Piece of cake.

Sorry !!!! I plan on using the ceiling RCR5s, to stay with the reference line.

When I am listening to DD-EX, I have all 7.1 speakers hooked up and running. Then, when I want to listen to Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon on SACD, the front 3 speakers and sub go on,, plus the rear surround RCR5s go on.....is this correct? 9.gif