happy with forte 2's

Sayles

Bought a set of Forte II's and I can't believe the way they sound. I also bought a Scott 299 but haven't even gone through it to see if it works yet. I thought that a tube amp would almost be a must but I have a cheap 'ol Teac AV amp (bought for about $100) that has front and rear channels but no 5.1 or anything and those forte's have all my friends in awe!! I expected that maybe they would sound "squaky" but in actuality the cymbals and brass come through extremely realistic! So I was thinking, how else would you reproduce the sound of a horn other than sending it through a horn. Makes sense to me!!

SAYLES, I also have Forte IIs and really enjoy them. I have a Scott 299A on the way to NosValves and when we both get them up and running, we should compare notes. I'm using a Tandberg 2045 now and I really can't complain but I hear the 299 will bring out the best in the the IIs or any other Heritage like speakers.

I've got a pair of Forte II's that i had modded into bi-wire with seperate x-overs. I have listened to Belles, Cornwalls, RF-7's and i still like the sound of my Forte's better. I think this is a wonderful speaker for the money. Especially when i picked up a MINT pair for $500. Enjoy the music.

• 4 weeks later...