KLF Series Questions

I have a question pertaining to the legend serties.

How can the KLF 10 have a better bass rating than the KLF 20, which in turn has a better bass rating than the KLF 30? The KLF 30 has 2 12" Woofers and the KLF 20's and 10's have 10" woofers. What gives. The KLF 30 is rated at 36 Hz, the KLF 20 at 34 Hz, and the KLF 10 is rated at 32 Hz. I know that is not a big difference, but it just does not make sense to this ignorant newbie!!

Thanks for any guidance.

Mike

It has to due with the Volume/cube of the cabinets. The KLF-10's have a much smaller cabinet with 2 10's makes the bass lower. the 20's and 30's get bigger. I'm sure If you figured out the ratio of woofers surface to the interior cube you'd see why. But the 30 might not go as low as the 10 but it will play louder in the bass region.

Craig

----------------

On 5/28/2003 4:26:17 PM Mike Frankel wrote:

What gives. The KLF 30 is rated at 36 Hz, the KLF 20 at 34 Hz, and the KLF 10 is rated at 32 Hz. I know that is not a big difference, but it just does not make sense to this ignorant newbie!!

----------------

Look at the sensitivity. The larger speakers get louder with the same input at the expense of the lower bass register.

Secondly, we don't know what the frequency response looks like since Klipsch doesn't provide it. But on this board they've said the rolloff is different when this point is brought up. The -6 dB rollover frequency for the KLF-10 might be 28 Hz while the KLF-30 might be 22 Hz. Thus overall there's more bass in the 30.