Can u add another Sub???

Well I bought a 10" PSW-D110 JBL subwoofer for my past system (Cambridge DTT2500) and I was wondering if there was any way to hook up this Sub to my new Promedia 4.1 speakers.

I don't wanna get rid of the promedia sub, it sounds very impressive for it's size, I would say about 20-25% less punch than the JBL subwoofer, but that one weights 15 kg and it's about twice in size too...

So is there any way to connect both subwoofers and blow my ears away with the whole system? (I have a SB live platinum card)

Thanks in advance

You will need something to power it..

Then hook that up in to the card. Using a Y connector so you can connect both your Pro Medias and that.

if you have the 5.1 card

you can just hook it up to the Center/Sub Channel and forget the Y connector..

Do you still have your old speaker set? and it worked on there?

Just run that through your Center channel if you have it.

If not, run it through your main channels using a Y connector.

This is saying exaclty what I said before.. but giving you an option of something to use.

hope that helps.

** The Amp in the sub only sends out the Hi and Mid frequencies to the sats : (

I have 2 10's just waiting to be hooked up

I have the old platinum card (not 5.1) frown.gif, but it has a line in connection, I read somewhere that this is just like the center/sub connector on the SB 5.1??

I plugged in that sub to the sub out on the DTT2500's decoder and it worked perfectly...

So how would this Y cable thing work exactly like?, would I connect the front spk and sub plug to the Y cable and then the Y one to the front spk out on the sound card, and just connect the rear speakers as normally?

Thanks

A Y connector works like this

It has 2 imputs for speakers, and turns it in to one.

It will allow you to connect 2 sets of speakers to one Speaker out on your video card.

got it?

Just hook up the Rear Channel as normal.

Plug in the Y adaptor to the Front channel.

Plug in your Klipsch to one spot on the Y connector.

Plug in your Sound Works into the other spot.

Have your Sub hooked up to your Sound Works.. and go from there.

You could even run the Full Creative set like this to, if you bought 2 Y connectors. 1 for Front, one for Back.

Have more questions?

email me.

Any one got better ideas.. tell the man.

Thanks for your reply DwK, although I find it tempting to connect both the DTT2500 and the promedias, I'm afraid that it would be overkill!? (3 subs, 5 cambridge speakers, 4 klipsch speakers), besides, wouldn't that mess up the whole sound, you know, having all these different stuff hooked up might result in ugly sound, but maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to match them decently?

Im also thinking that the cambridge rear speakers would be left out since i'm using the promedias for the rear, but what if I use another Y connector?, well anyways Im not so sure that such a setup would sound good at all, but surely it would blow away anyone with the sheer volume.

BUT I could then stay with the dolby digital decoder of the cambridge speakers, I really miss that one, I do think that the dolby 5.1 with the DTT2500's and the JBL subwoofer combo sounded much better on DVD than the promedias do in DVD (4 point surround), again this is just a personal opinion, b4 u all start flaming me...

Well I'd say go out buy 2 Y connectors

Hook up your Pro Medias and Cambridg's

Since you like the Decoder.. and the way the Cambridge sound more on Movies.. you can turn them up on movies, and use the klipsch as.. back up.

And when listening to music or what ever you like the Pro Medias for. do the opposite.

The DTT2500 is a good sounding system.. I almost got that.. till I heard the Pro Medias

( I wont forget this.. I was in Microscenter this big store.. I was on the other side of the store.. and hear music.... It sounded good and was loud.. It turned out to be the DTT2500 )

So it wouldnt realy mess up your sound that bad.

As for over kill thats a good thing smile.gif

You'll defeniatly have Lots of bass... but you'll also have even it out by all the Sats smile.gif

I wish I had a 3500 Cambridge system........ ( with my Pro Medias.. not a trade off )

My ICQ = 62476521 if you have it.

BTW talk about over kill

During the summer when I get money..

I am going to buy 2 new speakers.

Looking at :

Paradigm Monitor 5 and Monitor 7.

Monitor 5

Those cost about $520

Monitor 7

These cost about $650

( both are the same.. just 1 is bigger and has a bass reflux port and the other doesnt )

I will also end up one way or another getting a Reciever to power those, and My two fishers.

I will be disabling the Hi and Midranges on my fishers since they suck.. and just using the 10 inch woofers.

This is what I will have :

FOR HI and MID :

4 Klipsch Pro Medias :

3/4 inch MicroTractic Horn

3 inch Midrange

2 Paradigms :

1 inch Pure Titanium Dome Tweeter

FOR BASS :

1 Klipsch Sub :

2x 6.5 woofers

2 Fishers :

10 inch woofers

2 Paradigms :

2x 6.5 inch woofers

As for bass.. it moves as much air as a 46 inch woofer..

Total hitting power of about.. 1 36 inch woofer.

thats.. ALMOST over kill smile.gif

** addition **

My sub alone right now.. when turned up and the system turned up.. makes the light in my room dim in and out slightly smile.gif

I got a lil problem with that Y connector, from the pic in radioshack.com the adapter is apparently too big and both Y adapters wouldn´t fit because the front out and rear out connectors on the live card are too close! mad.gif

Even if I only used one it would probably also block the rear out.

I need help!, is there any cable Y connector and not this bold adapter?

Its my gues that the one on the site is the same size as mine

And if so.. it should fit.

You could always get a small extension cord for one... Male to female cord about 2 inches long.

But remember.. all these things will over a small degrade in sound.. but not real noticeable...

The real Sound Freak will notice it.. most normal people wont.