sw 12 and ksw 12

mr84monte

Has anybody hooked up a sw 12 and ksw 12 on the same system? Just wondering how it sounded. Since it's hard to find another sw 12 (med oak) Thought about just trying a ksw 12 out from the store first, before I buy, but if someone has already tried the set up, please let me know. My sw 12 is lonely, and needs a brother.

Guest BobG

Though they both have 12" active drivers, the difference is substantial. Remember that the SW-12 was $1100 while the KSW-12 is less than half of that. This is not like computer gear where the price of everything drops monthly. While the KSW-12 is extremely popular, I don't think it is going to be a match for your SW-12. The new RSW-12 on the other hand ought to make you pretty happy indeed. It's only available in black, but the new RSW-15 will be available in three real wood finishes. Alas, none will be the medium oak of your SW-12. Why is life so complex?

I know, put that SW-12 in the center or rear of your system, that's what I do with the two I have, and get the RSW-15. You won't believe it.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt mix those two subs up. The sw12 IMO is a much better sub. I had the ksw and sold it fast. If you read the reviews, theyre closely compared to JBL and CV subs and I dont like that. That sub bottomed out all the time. HOWEVER, I was in a local store the other day and listening to some def techs when this AWSOME BASS came rumbling through the room so I began searching for the sub cuz i know these wimpy def techs could never do this. I found a ksw10 behing my couch and it was moving the room. Hmmm, I still prefer the sw. Its sonically different and twice the price. It also depends on which speaks youre using. WAIT FOR THE NEW SUBS. I personally dont like the ksw line.