How do I know if I have a v.2-400 speakers?

mcturok

I would like to upgrade with the CP-1, but how do I know if I have

the v.2-400 speakers? I've owned mine for over 2 years easily.

Any place on the speakers to tell? Sub?

I don't have a clue where my reciept is now although I'm sure

I can find my manual. I just don't feel like digging through

storage to find it.

Thanks for the help.

look on the back, it will say ProMedia v2.400 I believe. Otherwise, does your control pod have a headphone output? line input? standbye button? if yes to all of the above (or no to all of the above) then you do have the 4.1 or you don't, respectively.

----------------

On 6/2/2003 12:04:15 PM mcturok wrote:

What happens if they aren't the v.2-400 speakers?

Can you tell the differences between the v.2-400 and

other 4.1 models?

Thanks

----------------

What happens?... nothing I guess. If they are not v2.400's, then they are ProMedia 4.1's which only have two differences...

Better crossover

Better control pod

/quote

look on the back, it will say ProMedia v2.400 I believe. Otherwise, does your control pod have a headphone output? line input? standbye button? if yes to all of the above (or no to all of the above) then you do have the 4.1 or you don't, respectively.

/quote

OK, I'm home and looked behind the speaker with the controls. It doesn't say v2.400 anywhere on the back of sub or speakers, just this P/N 09050281210 and a spares p/n too.

I've got no headphone output, line input or standbye button.

So, after all my pathetic posts. Is is still possible for me to buy that CP-1 part and put on my control speaker? Or can't I upgrade these.

That's my main reason for these posts. I don't want to buy the CP-1 part and then not be able to install it.

Thanks for all your help so far. I'm really not this much of an idiot. What can I say, it's a Monday after all. :)

you have the v2.400, it does not say that on the back, it has been a long time since i looked at the back of mine, i thought they put the model on the back, but nope. but since you don't have the line input etc etc, you have the v2.400 and yes, you can purchase the CP-1 from klipsch for around $50. Great upgrade for the money.