Connections for KLF 30's???

Hello<

I am trying to determine if the KLF 30's will take spade or bannana plug type connections? Also, what is the diff between biamping and biwiring....are there two seperate connections on the back of the 30's...I read the owners manual, but there is no pic of the back and I am unsure.... Brandnamez.com has these for around 1100.00 and I am sorely tempted!

Thanks,

Racer X

The KLF-30 will take both spade and banana plugs. As for as bi-wiring you would run two sets of speaker wires from your left or right channel, put both + to the red binding post and the - to the negative posts, This of course after you've removed the jumper bars between them. Bi-amping means to run the tweeter and horn top set of post from one amp and the bottom set for the woofs from another amp. I've never tried Bi-amping but have been told to try and use 2 identical amps!! Not sure if that's true but something to look into.

Good Luck

Craig

P.S. I love my KLF-30's

------------------

Klipsch KLF30 Mains

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds

Klipsch KSB 1.1 Front Effects

SVS 20-39CS Sub

Samaon S700 Sub Amp

Yamaha DSP-A1

Yamaha MDX-793 Mini disc

Yamaha TX-492 Tuner

Sony CDP-C701ES 5 disc Player

Panasonic A110 DVD

Sony TA-N220 Amp running front effects

Hitachi MX4080EM Muli-system VCR

Hitachi 29" T.V.

Denon DP-37F Turntable

get'the klf 30's!!i bought a pair, because i am not sure how the new rf 7's are going to sound (probably GREAT!) however i know the 30's sound GREAT!!!I got the c-7 center to 'match' ---IMPORTANT!!just hook 'em up to start. i don't think that bi-wiring makes any difference, unless you bi-amp. just hook them up w/ the jumpers attached w/ 1 speaker wire and enjoy!! avman

Good advice, Craig! I, too, love the KLF 30's that led to my current all Klipsch configuration. I also saw no great advantage to bi-wiring... and suspect that bi-amping is more benefit in a two-channel environment.

Craig, I noted that you also run front effects and so I thought I would send this photo along. I like being able to tuck the KLF 30's in close to the monitor for HT purposes... and then having the front effects to widen the sound stage with Klipsch quality aural clues.

I also noted that you have an SVS sub config and would like your thoughts on it. I am in the process of testing the effects of subs for their positive effects on nonagenarians... and have a dozen different subs to experiment so far... but no SVS to date. Any thoughts? HornEd

PS: I also commented again on your KLF 10 project... hence the caption below. smile.gif

Kzounds.jpg

We'll HornEd, I love the front effects but don't have the space to spread them out due to my wifes huge wall unit! There about 3 feet above my 30's and I mean right above I can't spread them out any farther apart. I'll be moving in about a year so hopefully then I'll have a wider wall and be able to space them out like you. As far as the SVS sub goes I got a little over anxious and as soon as I recieved my notice from SVS that It shipped I updated my signature, so I'm still awaiting delivery but will definately let you know how I like It when It shows up.

Craig