The New FM?

Daddy Dee

Maybe the subject of this post should be "How a Scott 299 Changed the WAF Curve in My House"9.gif

I came home yesterday and my wife had music on. Now that used to be unusual, (well actually never happened that I can remember) before I got a NOSValves rebuild driving my LaScalas.

There was a smooth, live sounding, mellow and soulful jazz trio sound wafting through the air. I said, "so you're listening to the stereo? What CD is that?" She just smiled and said, "Thought you'd like that." Well, she headed out for a meeting and I went in the LR and to my surprise, she was running the DirecTV Jazz Channel on the system. I know this will make me sound like Gomer Pyle, but I was amazed! This has been kind of like FM USED TO BE, but ain't no mo. The last time I heard that airy jazz sound was sitting just outside the bar in a hotel atrium. It's not necessarily the same kind of program that I'd sit to listen to with undivided attention as on my CD collection, but it is a fine source of pleasant background music and when I hear something I especially like I can look at the TV screen to see who and what it is.

A simple discovery, now Run Forrest Run!

Regards,

Dee

I use the Dish Network sat music feed as the new FM.

The content is great but the DACs in the Sat receivers tend to be real basic and low fi.

I use the TOSLINK feed into my Sherwood Newcastle HT preamp for a much improved result of the digital conversion.

I do not have the capability to do this in the 2 channel room at this time. I am sue it would sound hot; it is real satisfying with the RB-5s.

THe classic rock station on DISH has great variety; it is album rock not just the hits.