Newbie needs advice

bulletpointz

I just purchased a Denon 3803 receiver and im probably going to end up purchasing RF35,RC35, and RS35 speakers. IM not sure which sub to go with. I will mostly be using the system for movies. I have heard alot of good things about Velodyne's but when I listened to the SPL10 and the CHT-12 at Good Guys and Circut City they didn't perform like I had hoped. Does anyone have any opinoins on the RSW-12 or have any recommendation on another sub as IM leaning towards purchasing the RSW-12.

All of the RSW subs are good for movies and great for music. I've used all of the RSW's for movies and never had a want for more bass. Having said that the RSW's are not the leaders in terms of ultimate low end extension. 25-30hz is really about as low as they go. Again that's great for music, but if you want seriously low bass at big time levels, you should probably look at SVS and I'd say Velodyne for that. I still think you should try the RSW-12 as you might find the bass to be plenty for you. Just a thought.

~shoe

I have a 20-39pci and it is great for movies. It goes nice and low and loud. If you want good clean low bass at a low price then check them out at svsubwoofers.com Ask around here and there is a lot of people that love them. The rsw12 is a good sub but if you want a klipsch sub for movies go with the rsw15.

Take a good listen to the Paradigm PW2200,a great sub for HT and movies.

If anyone tells you not to listen to it tell them to shove the giant TP rolls where the sun does not shine.3.gif

Another good alternative to SVS is HSU,the VTF2 does a great job for very little money,and the VTF3 compares well to the tall TP rolls(finished in gorgeous fabric).

And I am sure Dusty cannot wait to tell you to get your hacksaw,your axe and your chainsaw and build a gorgeous DIY sub.1.gif

The SVS PB-2+ (when availalbe...) sells for $1200.00 plus shipping (105 lbs) I understand it's about $300+ than a RSW-12 but it's the same or less (MSRP vs. internet pricing) of a RSW-15.

A N D it's not a "TP roll with gorgeous fabric". It's a "box" sub.

Regards,

Mike