RC-3II as a surround speaker

sire

I have been evaluating and changing my mind like crazy trying to figure out surround speaker placement. I had an extra rb-5 and decided to use it as a center speaker with rb-5IIs as fl and fr. I then thought what about getting another rc-3II and use these speakers as my surround speakers. All I have to do is buy one more speaker and the rc-3 fits easily in the built in bookcase on my left and I would have to get a book shelf for my right. They would be about 2 to 3 feet behind the main sitting position and 6 foot above the carpet. They would be aimed directly at each other across the room. I know dolby recommends the speakers facing each other but I have not read anywhere that anyone else is using the rc-3s for surrounds.

Does anyone have any input, comments, success stories or just plain good advice? Thanks

mike

Good thinking.

Same fronts is good for the timber matching.

I do not know about the RC3 as surround, but it is a speaker and think it will do fine.

Maybe look for other RB5's and sell the RC3. You will have a fully matched speaker setup.

I was thinking about purchasing another set of rb-5s but there is not any real good place to set them and I do not want to put them on the wall.

I was hoping some other users here have tried the rc-3s as their surround speakers so I could get some real world feedback. I am sure they will not sound as good as a couple of rb-5s but they are supposed to match the bookshelfs and the surrounds should not be as busy as a front speaker. Thanks for you comments.

mike