Help! Afraid needs help!

afraid

The enclosed diagram is the layout of my room and speakers. As you all can see, its very small. The question i have is the placement of my ss.5's. I have them 6 feet up the wall. Would i be better off placing them on the rear wall?

For a room this small would the ksw-12 be too much?

neat diagram afraid. looks good to me on the

surrounds. that way the direct speak is aimed right at the couch.

did u get that marantz sr8000 yet? i sent u a pm to ask if i might where u got it & how much. worked down the local dealer to $1k for mine. figured i could pay a lil more for the local service.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster Standard Cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires/Bananas

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (power amp for RF-3)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd player

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Sorry, i havent got it yet. Definitly next month! I also have been looking at the denon 3801. The reason is i can adjust the treble in the center channel, at least i think i can. My yamaha center channel needs more treble. I had an onkyo once that gave clean crisp dialogue, none of that muffled sounding voice. I have had 4 center speakers, a KLH, a Infinity, a cerwin vega and now my Klipsch sc.5. Its by far the best center i have had, but the same muffled sound that i got with all the others. Never had that problem with the Oknyo.

yea definitely do that research before u committ. even this marantz has some shortcomings (like no phono jacks frown.gif)

the denon is a great rock n' roll unit & has like that DTS 6.1 discrete & many other features. u could buy that & a pronto remote

for bout the same as the sr8000.

i went w/ the sr8000 over the 3801 for the sound - tube like & real quite. & the learning remote is a lot like the pronto (great).

is about like

Hi Afraid - I concur with Boa, with the additional comment that you want to make sure the 60 degree vertical dispersion pattern of the SS-.5s don't put the music over your head. I can't tell from the drawing how close they are to the couch. Also can't tell how big the room is, but I've got a 12" sub in a dedicated 10x11 HT room and it is not too big there!

Doug

There is a two foot space between the couch and the side walls. Maybe i just need to get used to them.

------------------

Yamaha 594a

SB-1's (pair)

SC .5 (center)

SS.5's (pair, rear channels)

Zenith 27" TV

Toshiba 3109 DVD player

Optimus HT Surge Protector

Afraid - Hard to say for sure, but 2 feet may not be far enough away for the "cone of dispersion" to adequately cover the listening area from 6' up (why does that sound like an old Get Smart tech gadget -- if you don't know who Get Smart is, I don't want to hear about it smile.gif). You might try having a helper hold an SC-.5 at the same height (about 6') but angle it down a bit toward you on the couch. Play with that angle to find the best one, then secure the speaker there. There are a couple ways to mount the speaker at an angle, if you find that is the solution. Let us know and we can give you some tips.