Doubling up on speakers

Myhamish

Has anybody tried doubling up or running two sets of Klipsches with separate power amps ( so impedances will stay the same ). Way, way, back in the old days, it was popular to run double Advents ( parallel so the impedance dropped to 4 ohms ). The theory was that more 'violins' sounds better than 'bigger violins'. Right now, I'm driving a set of Cornwalls with the pre-amp out of a vintage Marantz 2238 receiver into a vintage Harmon Kardon Citation Mk. 12 power amp. ( 60 wpc @ 8 ohms ). I 'y'd the pre-amp out back into the receiver power amp ( 35 wpc )and am driving a pair of Heresy's on top. The Cornwalls always put out amazing bass and a great overall sound. With the Heresy's on top being driven as well, everything has perked up that much more. Nice natural fluid sound with no strain anywhere. Just curious if anyone else has tried it?

I run two sets of Klipsches with separate power amps. LaScalas with a pair of Heresys. I have a Conrad Johnson pre amp with two pre amp outs. One pair outputs to a Threshold 400a (110wpc) which drives the rear Heresys and the other preamp out goes to a pair of Dynaco MK-III's (65wpc). I have found that the imaging is negatively affected when operating the two units together. However, there is an increase in the bass response. I use it mainly for watching VHS and DVD's. Still a purist, I haven't made the move to surround sound yet.