Anybody else notice something "odd" about the left front speaker on the 4.1's?

Let me know if you've experienced anything out of the ordinary on the left front speaker for your promedia 4.1 set.

On mine I notice there is a static sound that isn't quite distortion, but it only seems to do it when base is present. I have tried hooking it up to a CD player instead of my soundcard and I get the same result.

Let me know if you've experienced something similiar so I know i'm not the only one.

-Derek

hi there, well i got me new speakers and they work fine no more super heating but i have the same problem, front left speaker i hear this crackling nois from it from time to time like the power is going on and off type of thing, or more like when you make a connection and loose it, hell you described it pretty well, yea its front left, i tried all 4 speakers in there and get the same results, have emailed amy hope they have a solution, i have just unplugged anything from that jack. hope i dont have to send them back either i did once already

i have muted out everything in my soundblaster mixer except the spif in and yes it gets rid of the noise from the SOUND CARD but what im saying is after awhile the front and rear channels develop a noise when no source material is present, i removed the Din plug coming from the sound card and sure enough the sound remained, the new 4.1 amp or crossovers is the likely culprit as i did not notice this anomaly on my 400 v.2. l8terz....