Help with Quintet Setup

Somperson

Well, this is my first post and so far not even having any Klipsch speakers setup From all the reviews and one of my friends has one of the best setups I have ever seen, I was instantly hooked. Theyre pretty damn good for getting a 16 yr old hooked. After getting hooked I had to run out and get some Klip's I bought 4 quintets from ubid.com at 40 each which is a steal from how much I have heard some people buying them for. I haven't hooked these up yet, but my Dad and I are finally on the verge of mounting these up on the walls.

Now to my questions...

1. I definitely need a center. I didn't get the quintet center because I heard some poor reviews on them. I'm looking at the sc-5 and the sc-1. Which one I would love to heard as many opinions as possible.

2. I need a receiver. I have been researching for about 2-3 months. I am now leaning towards the Harman Kardon avr-110. I am open to getting the Denon 1801 or a yahmaha, but advice would be lovely. (I am in a decently big room est. 22x20)

3. A Sub. I gotta have one. I heard the klip ksw 10 was pretty weak, but I also heard placement was a big deal. Open to getting the ksw-12 although price is an issue. I want a good sub that can fill the gap in sound from the sub and the quintet speakers. I heard its a big gap from people on Auidioreview.com and on Cnet Electronics. If someone could also post the sound range gap and also the technical term for the gap it would be fantastic. I would like to stay with klip's all around but the sub I can handle being something else. I want to take a ride up to circuit city and see what there prices are on a velodyne (open box).

Basically I am in a big sized room and I am mounting the quintets on the wall on their stands (which I found very useful). I want to get the max performance I can with my budget. I don't want to spend much more than $350 on a receiver and $300 on a sub and $150 on a center. I'm trying to get all klip's and with this budget its hard. So far I have the 4 Quintets and I don't plan on getting rid of them as some people suggested in earlier posts. I have like 3 DVD players and Sat. dish w/o the optical connection so I wanted the Logic 7 sound from the HK receiver. The gap between the sub I want to get rid of if possible and the center channel I don't want to cut on because it handles like 70% of movie sound. I will be doing movies mostly but Music is something I want to do a lot. I know the Quint's arent the greatest but the rest of the family can live with it and hopefully I can too.

Well that's about it.. A lot too I appreciate any advice I can get, as I am a young and growing Audiophile.

Welcome aboard! The Quints will sound great for movies. Just don't expect kick-butt for music.

The SC-.5 would be the center channel to get -- closest tonal match to the Quints (other than the Quint center).

I've read several posts in the past by those who got the 12" Klipsch sub and thought it sounded great with the Quints.

I think HK, Denon, or Yamaha (5440/5450) would be fine receivers for this setup