sound distortion through a Dalite screen??

AUGIE

I would like to place my SC1 on a built-in enclosure on my theater wall, but my Dalite projector screen would be pulled down in front of it for movie viewing. Will I have alot of distortion from the sound coming through the screen or will it be barley noticeable? The screen is fairly thin and I do not want to purchase a micro perf screen since I'm only using a 92' screen and the holes I feel would be noticeable also they are really expensive. Note I do not have an overly sensative ear unfortunatly, and am unable to distinguish sound to most of your guy's degree. Thanks

If you want to put a speaker behind the screen, your going to have to buy a perf screen.

I do not think you will be happy with the sound comming through your solid screen, I don't care how thin it is. Maybe an easy test - Try putting kitchen plastic wrap over your speaker, it is thiner than your screen.

JM

Thanks for the info, I'll try it behind the screen, if it sounds distorted I'll just mount the speaker below the screen. By the way I have the Sony HS 10 and I completely LOVE it. For the price and pic quality there is no match!!!