A/V receiver vs. separates

KAiN64

guess i missed that part, than tell me kain, what brought you to klipsch? i just always wanted klipsch, seems when i was growing up it was a brand only whispered in dark corners, somewhere where normal run of the mill joes never went, so i knew i wanted them, had to be special12.gif

• 2 weeks later...

this post should put you over the edge. in reading all the posts, the most common theme is that B&K is the best for the money. I have tried it all and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if you go with B&K you will be happy. I have been using either a yamaha rxv-3000 or a marantz sr-96 for years with the acurus as my power source. make no mistake about it, when i picked up the ref 50 my life changed. i cannot explain in words hos B&K changed my listening experience. marksdad uses the 507 which is a powered av reciever at 150x7. the 507 uses the same technology as the ref 50 preamp but adds the av 125.7 with 150 watts instead. you can't go wrong with b&k.