Progressive Scan/Sony Wega

damonrpayne

I have a progressive scan DVD player and the proper component video output. I connected my component outs last night to my Sony Wega. I don't have the model number, but it is not a true HD TV. The video is mangled with progressive scan on, I tried all the various modes. I can only assume the TV can't accept the 480p signal, but I thought all Wega TVs had that capabilty? Anyone know?

the tv MUST be digital to accept 480p. yours is not.

what is the model# of your 27"vvega? if it is a 'v' series, then it automatically shows widescreen movies in letterbox, if it is a 's' model, you have to manually choose 16:9 enhanced to 'unstrech' the vertical aspect of the widescreen movie.

yor dvd player should be set to: 4:3 letterbox.

avman.

i can tell you first hand if you get a pj in the right environment and feed it good quality video, you'll never want to watch a 'small' tv again. i have my 2nd pj,a sony vpl-hs10, and a 106" 16:9 screen i sit 13ft. back from. when i send hdtv to it i would put it against ANY rptv!!

avman.

If the picture is mangled as in really screwy/scrambled, you may have some component video wires hooked up wrong. I've seen mislabeled gozintas and comzatas before. Try swapping them around, and check your video settings.