4.1 Questions

Hi everyone. I went to look at a set of 4.1's today.

1) Does anyone else find the control pod knobs are loose/wobbly? Are they meant to be like this? Are they rubber mounted?

2) Can the cables that connect the sound outputs (from computer etc) to the control pod be disconnected from the pod? (ie. are they permanently attached or are they connected with a mini-jack like the speakers?)

3) What is the warranty period on these speakers?

Thanks

Yes they are rubbery and are a very inferior choice for these great sounding speakers, pots wear out and they are dated technology. I would like to see something like a digital gain used in future models. I set mine at 1:00 and LEAVE IT and use my volume slider on my soundcard to avoid wearing them out, go down to your local Best Buys or Comp USA and bend the knobs around like your going to break them off and you will start to hear static. *laughs* as for the control pod being remounted like under your desk or what not.. it can be done but it may affect your warranty =( I always buy the newest speakers from Klipsch every time they introduce a new product, so again im not concerned with the warranty i just swap mine out at the store.

• Moderators

The knobs are made of thermoplastic rubber for a better look and feel than hard plastic ones. The bending you feel is the flexing of the rubber knob itself, which ensures that turning these knobs over time will be less likely to cause fatigue on the circuit board.

The cables cannot be disconnected at the pod.

The warranty is for one year.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com