Question Pioneer Elite pd-f27

Hello, I have posted this question on the AVS forum but no one will answer so I thought maybe the Klipsch forum could come to my rescue.

My problem is this I have a Pioneer elite Cd Changer (pd-f27) for some reason every time i change the channel on my Tv (pioneer 53 hdtv) through the Sat receiver (DTC 100) my cd changer pauses. IT seems that something is happening to the laser reading the CD during these channel changes. It happens every time. I think it must be a shielding issue can anyone give me advice on fixing this. thanks

Gene

----------------

On 6/27/2003 6:18:10 PM manufanatic wrote:

Hello, I have posted this question on the AVS forum but no one will answer so I thought maybe the Klipsch forum could come to my rescue.

My problem is this I have a Pioneer elite Cd Changer (pd-f27) for some reason every time i change the channel on my Tv (pioneer 53 hdtv) through the Sat receiver (DTC 100) my cd changer pauses. IT seems that something is happening to the laser reading the CD during these channel changes. It happens every time. I think it must be a shielding issue can anyone give me advice on fixing this. thanks

Gene

----------------

Gene,

I had a similar problem when I was using an old Shure Bros. processor. When I would change the sattelite channel the processor would mute. It was because the infrared coding were the same between the 2 remotes but only for the 1 particular button. Try changing the channel manually at the receiver and see if the problem doesn't go away. I don't think there is any way to correct the problem short of changing components.

Joe