Klipsch Quintet question

creed

well i live in Malaysia and i plan to get myself a set of quintet speaker...since i can get a demo set at quite a good price...but i wish to know whether there's some difference between the quintet I and the quintet II...i heard there's quintet II but i can't find any information about it...and now regarding the subwoofer, if i gonna buy a brand new Klipsch KSW10...it would cost a bomb in my country which is around usd400...personally i think there's some other choices which is cheaper yet offers comparable performance...what u guys think about the Infinity BU-120 which is 12inch sub compare to Klipsch 10inch...yet it's cheaper at around usd300 after converted...do you think other brand of sub will blend nicely with the quintet.?.the last question is, i have 100fts of Cambridge Soundworks 16gauges wires...do you think it's ok to wire up the quintet using these.?.the receiver i plan to use is Yamaha RXV-430 which i can get for quite good price...and i'll connect my PC soundcard output to the optical in of this receiver...so that i can have good sound reproduce from my PC...i think this setup will be much better compare than a set of Promedia 5.1...yet i just pay slightly more for this than a Promedia 5.1 dream system....any suggestion on my setup or opinions are welcome...thanx

• 2 months later...

The wire is fine.

Promedias are the lowest level, they are awsome. Promedia ultra 5.1 must be better, I bet they f-ing rock even more. The quintet speakers will beat them both, I will bet on it. The promedia sub is nice, the pm ultra sub is probably better, ive had the promedias I now have the quintets with the ksw 10. it was a big step up. I like my ksw 10 but it is priced high and you can probably find a better deal for your sub. Ive said it many times, place the quintets near the back wall (2 inches from wall) and mount them if you can. But no more than 2 feet from sidewalls.