KSB 2.1 and KV2

ajayrav

Hi guys,

I have a Marantz SR6200 receiver, VC5200 DVD changer, Klipsch KSB 2.1 fronts, KV2 center, KSB1.1 rears and Adire RAVA sub. My listening room is fairly small and my listening area is about 6 feet from the speakers which, due to space constraints are 5 ft apart. My problem is that my speakers sound constrained with a 'honky' midrange. The soundstage is also fairly small. My question is: Is this a function of poor positioning or are these Klipsch speakers not conducive to a smooth rich sound? Also my KV2 are distinctly different tonally than the KSB2.1s. Should I upgrade my center?

Thanks,

Ajay

Welcome.

Are you listening to music with this system or movies or both?

I have KSB 3.1's in a dedicated movie surround system and they sound really nice, but with music, I found they had a terrible midrange sound.

Placement is very important with any system and can have as much to do with sound quality as anything.

I recently upgraded my center channel from a KV-1 to a C-7, and this made a huge difference in the sound quality of my movie surround system.

Greg