Hometheater Klipsch Rotel Question

ozzyguy20

Hello out there

Being out here in Australia its hard to get any good solid informatiom on the klipsch line up of speakers. So my question sent across the pacific and up a bit is.

First here is my eqiupment and room dimensions

My HT room is 10 X 11 feet.

Rotel RB 1080 it drives the front two speakers

Rotel RMB 1095 drives the center, surrounds and the 2 center rear channels

Rotel RSP1066

Pioneer DV 47A DVD player

Loewe Xelos (16X9) TV

Pro-ject 6.9 turntable

The Question

I want to upgrade my speakers to Klipsch RF7, RC7, RSW 15. now here is the tricky part. What do i use for all the rear sepakers.

Do I

1.Use RS7's for the surround and 2 RC7's for the rear center chanells

2.RS7's all around

3.RS7 for the 2 surrounds and just a pair of RB 75 Bookshelfs for the rear?

Also taking into an account that all this will be moved into a purpose built HT room in the near future. With a good DLP projector (Yamaha DPX1000, Marantz VP-12S2 quality)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated THanks!

hello, i see that you are looking to the wall hangers. if you want great dynamics from all channels go with floor standers instead, once a person experiences full effect speakers as rears or sats they never go back, the smaller speaks are just that, read the specs, they are quite a bit more limited in freq response. during ht, a fuller sense of the movie can be had when explosions for example wash over you from all directions, if your room allows go full range. rf 3's are great for this application, plus they are not that much more expensive, but the difference is definatly there12.gif

let me say that. for that kinda set up your willing to upgrade, man your ht room is too small. you will get many unwanted vibrations of waves. well what can i say.. SOUND TREATMENT.

now go for it. for the 2 center rear channels. why not use a regular surround speakers instead of a center speaker.

. on the front projector.. i forgot the model no. but the brand name is sanyo. model no. has some number 12 in it. picture quality is great..

Yep, your room is to tiny for reference floorstanding speakers.

Certainly for RF-7. Did you ever seen those.

My room is 13 by 22. When I placed my first pair of RF-3's in the room I was marvelled at how big they where. In the store they looked a lot smaller :)

you cant use a surround speak as a center, the center is the most important speak in the ht, all dialog, plus a slew of other information arrives via the center, and surrounds are just too limited to deliver, your room would be adequate for larger speaks the speaks in my sig are in a room 15 by 15 approxamatly, you just have to balance correctly set levels, distance, take a little time and the results are amayzing12.gif