Klipsch Speaker Package. Good deal or not?

Starrh

Right now I have a Bose Acoustimass 10 (the first version) system and I am looking at getting something new. I got an add for the Good Guys and they have a Klipsch package deal for $1599.00. It comes with the RF-15's, RS-25's, RC-25, and the RW-8. I have a H/K receiver model AVR55.

So my question is. Is this a good deal and are these speakers good? Will my receiver work or should I look at getting a new one? Any input would be helpful.

Thank you

I just bought some rf-15 and and rc25 about a week ago and at first I was skeptical about the performance of the speakers cuz it's just 5 and something big for the woofers...But after the beak-in period It did sound and perfomed like a champ.

I heard sounds like I never heard before!!!!!

I'm still lookin for a new receiver...but for now I love it!!!!16.gif

That seems like a good deal. You may want to look into something a bit bigger in a subwoofer if they allow you to upgrade the package at all. This of course depends on the size of the room you will operate in the type of listening you do, and other factors like how much bass you like, LFE content of your favorite media, etc. etc. Your receiver should do the trick, Klipsch speakers are VERY efficient. However, after awhile you may want to upgrade it for newer features. There is a pattern...once you start hearing what you have been missing with the Bose, it seems that most people get bit by the upgrade "bug".

Good Luck!

Jerry Rappaport