mounting RS-3

TJRudo

Just a quick question...

I haven't purchased the RS-3s yet, but I will be soon and I wanted to know what mounting options people recommend. I know they have a small hole on the back... is that sufficient to wall mount them with just a single screw/molly? Would it be better to mount a small shelf on the wall and have the speakers just sit on them? What have other people done? Thanks in advance...

Todd

toddrudo@hotmail.com

TJRudo:

There are actually 2 mounting points on each speaker and do hold it well to the wall. The points are vertical, so make sure you measure good when you put your holes in the wall so the speaker mounts level.

PhilH

Like Erik - I too have mine "hung" using the supplied keyhole brackets its worked just fine.

And PhilH is right, you'll need to make some kinda template to get hole spacing and orientation right. I used a piece of cardboard to simulate the "footprint" of the speaker and the location of the keyholes. Then using some small finishing nails, I temporarily attached the cardboard to the sheetrock to measure placement and for orientation/level. Once the alignment was correct, the location of the keyholes were transferred to the sheetrock. BTW, be sure your screws are into something solid.

Hey PhilH - what does this tell you? A simple template would be nice. You know, like what you guys were nice enough to supply in my SCW-1's. <hint, hint>

Tom Adams