Tube AMP for Horns??

Dylanl

The Klipsch Tech. told me to run a 40 watt tube amp to the horns and 150 -250 watt to the woofers with a solid amp. He also stated to bi-amp the setup for the best sound out of my RF7's. Does any one have a setup like this? What recomendations do any of you have?

what is the size of your listening room?.... a football field????

the RF-7's will respond very nicely to a low power tube amp applied full range....

the RF-7's predecessor.... the klipsch KLF-30's are totally awesome with just 17 watts per channel of tube power applied full range....

i was the first person to respond, but i feel that you will get alot of responses from RF-7 owners saying the same thing....

Theoretically, let's see... what's the RF7's efficiency 102db w/1watt(?), so that would be 112db w/10 watts and 115db w/20 watts. For casual, residential indoor use, that's loud.

Of course, ear shattering 125db would take 200 watts.

The above is, of course, theoretical, your results may vary.

Well, it is a good idea, though you could also get away with 4 tube watts driving the mid-highs and only 15 solid-state watts driving the woofers, consider a low cost tube integrated from NOSvalves and a separate, powerful sub (with solid-state amplifier)2.gif