James Brown the hardest working man in show business

StretchZep

Well let me start buy saying I LOVE my new 5's and have been putting them through the paces since their unboxing a short 2 weeks ago. I was enjoying my coffee and started out with some "old" vinyl "Monster Hits" and then switched over to James Brown 40th annyversary collection! Wow!! If you don't have it in your collection I highly reccomend it. One word of caution "be careful" this body of work cries to be turned up. I kept bumping up the volume and kept boogeing around the house and finally decided to sit down and enjoy the sweet spot. Whoa I thought my ears were going to explode. The treble had to be rolled back and acutally went upstairs to post this message. James is way too powerful!! The "horns" are in your face crystal clear and the "rim shots" make you jump off the couch, not to mention the "ivories" flowing constantly. James vocals are dead on and make you smile till your face hurts! Do yourself a favor and crank up 22 first disc "Ain't it Funky" and tell me about those horns!!! Oh it is enough to give you goose bumps. I am 44 years old and feel like I am 20 again when it comes to this kind of stuff. The "only" problem I have with this collection is that there are only two disc's "you are difinatley wanting for more"

As a side note do any of my fellow Klipsch Heads find themselves standing in the sweet spot to get their heads above those horns to be able to enjoy serious volume without make the ears bleed? Man these things are going to have me wearing a hearing aid at 45!

9.gif9.gif

Rock on!

• 4 weeks later...