Denon 5803

Canin2323

----------------

On 8/3/2003 7:12:16 PM Canin2323 wrote:

I just noticed that the handling on the rs7 and rb75 is only 150 watts. So will it be okay if i use it on the denon 5803? btw can u change amt of wattage on any reciever? and how am i supposed to run these speakers to higher end amps?

----------------

You'll be perfectly fine. Your ears will give up before those speakers would at those kinds of wattage! Hell, I cannot get my Denon AVR3802 past -5 before they start hurting my ears. They will be so ridculously loud that there is no way you would be able to stand it.

sounds like you are auditioning? the 5803 is a good receiver, but do yourself a favor, and look a little more. my favorite example is my B&K AVR 507 around the same price, but more dynamic, using the same speaks, and source in ht i noticed, the b&k was more explosive, more detailed. go to both web sites, and read thier reviews on review sites, this is a large expenditure, bot are really good, but my ears told me the B&K has a definate edge12.gif

regarding the wattage of the rb-75 and rs speakers (or as a matter of fact, all klipsch speakers) the wattage is not really important seeing as how efficient the speakers are.

there is really no way for you to hit 150 watts nominal with those speakers - if you, u would have to wear some noise-cancelling headphones or be deaf - because at some point - you would be approaching (and maybe even pass) the threshold for pain.

even if those speaks were rated for a nominal 75w, u still wouldnt hit the limit.

I'm only 15 years old, so i can't audition them. i just listened to them at my local home theater store. I'm moving soon and my dad was thinking of buying a new tv or projector with a 5.1 system. He wants one of those sucky Sony HOme Theater in a box. I listened to them at my friend's house and they sucked. Weak Bass. So i'm gonna convince him to get a SVS PB2-plus, All klipsch 5.1 system (Rb-75, RS-7, Rc-7) and either a denon, pioneer or b#k reciever or even Seperates. I want the aragon 2007 and Stage one. they look kewl. BTW how much is Stage One and 2007?

The Pioneer Elite receivers should be on your short list. The VSX-49TXi and the VSX-55TXi both support i.Link for digital transfer of SACD and DVD-A to the receiver. CDs play without jitter. Both units do automatic setup and do acoustic room correction. The sound is outstanding on both.

Bill